Monday, June 21, 2010

Mission Trip and a lil more!

Many of you may know that William and I went on a mission trip last week to Lavonia, GA with his parents' church. We went to work at HEART Ministry, which is a women's rehab place. The men worked on fixing and building stuff, while the women led Bible studies and did crafts with the women there. I got to teach a cake decorating class to the women and it was really neat! I was extremely nervous about it and spent lots of time planning out what I was going to do and in what order. Some of the women seemed to really enjoy it and apparently, some said they wanted to take a class on it when they returned home. I hope that some, or even just one, of them might have found a new hobby or even a new career path.

Below are some pictures of our "home away from home"... please don't be jealous! We borrowed this pop-up from a friend of a friend and it was actually not to bad! (It had air condition, which made ALL the difference in the world!)




William and I honestly believe that Tucker loves for us to go away because then Mary, our neighbor, gets to take care of him. He loves some Mary! So today while working in the house, I happened to look outside and this is what I saw. We have titled it "Oh Great, They're Back from Vacation".


Lastly, I have to share my CVSing for the week. I went on Sunday and bought everything in the picture below. After ringing it up the total was a little over $32. Then I gave all my coupons and ECB's (extra cash back) and the grand total was $2.94... most of the was just tax! That would have been a steal for just the paper towels!! Even William was a bit excited about this one and he asked if I was going to take a picture! Duh! haha!

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous of your home away from home-I think it would be so fun to have one of those!! Yay for CVSing!!!

    ReplyDelete