Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Katie and Clint Get Hitched

This past weekend my sister and her fiance got married.  You should know that they would already be married had somebody's sister not been due with her baby a week after their original date... won't mention names, but it wasn't Clint's sisters!  So, yes, they had to postpone their wedding until May 28th.  It was beautiful and the weather was just right!  I do believe the Lord was smiling down on them that day!

Headed to see Aunt Katie tie the knot!
Katie and Clint were married at Table Rock Lodge, which was so neat.  We left on Friday and headed down to drop off the rehearsal dinner cake that Heather and I did.  It turned out to be one of our favorites and maybe the last one we do together... but I don't want to talk about that. :(  Then we had the rehearsal and dinner at a restaurant in Pickens.
The cake made esp. for Katie and Clint!
Michelle with AR!
Saturday we got up and grabbed some breakfast while Lovey kept Abby Ruth.  Then we headed to the Lodge to decorate!  Everything came together so nicely!  I did Katie's hair for the day so I hope you like it!  I don't have many pictures from the wedding since I knew most of her people there and I had a baby that was much like having a people magnet attached to you!  AR gots lots of loving at the wedding and William and I got to enjoy it while others were holding her!
Our little family!

Better of Abby Ruth, but I'm not looking.
Me and Heather... it's really starting to hit me that she's about to move :(
I also didn't get a picture of the cake beforehand nor one of the bride and groom cutting it... but it was beautiful thanks to Annette!!

Heather w/ the bride!

Benjamin and Heather... our next wedding!

I love this picture for a couple reasons:  A)  I'm w/ my 2 favorite girls  B)  Katie has a Cherry Lemon Sundrop in her hand and C)  I have a bottle in my pocket!

Headed off to the honeymoon... I could write a whole blog on how much Katie didn't know about the details of the honeymoon!

There is one thing that I really regret not having on camera and that is William's shirt after AR's 2nd blowout on him.  When did this happen?  Only about 5 minutes into the ceremony of course!  I don't think it made any noise,  I just know I saw him leaving out the door and saw the evidence of what had happened!  Luckily we were staying there and he had a change of clothes.  I was prepared with a 2nd outfit for her which was a lesson I learned a few weeks ago!

William, Abby Ruth, and I spent the weekend in a cabin with my great aunt JJ and had a fabulous time with her!  The 3 of us then stayed an extra night on Sunday which was our first get away as a family.  It was so nice being with out a tv and internet with nothing to do! 

Daddy and AR ready to go!
Enjoying the view from the swing
And she's out...
Really, really out!
 We now eagerly await for Aunt Katie and Uncle Clint's return!  So happy for them!

1 comment:

  1. Good updates. I remembered after I left that post on your fb that your sister was getting married. Congrats! Looks like a pretty wedding and you looked great in your dress! Love the new pics of Abby Ruth, she is so pretty and I can’t wait to see her in person! Sorry it has taken us so long to get there! I have a huge box of wipes for you though. :-) I love, love, love the new picture at the top of your blog. You and William look so happy! My emotional self shed a few tears y’all look so cute and happy, a beautiful new little family. Love y’all!

    ReplyDelete