Sunday, July 17, 2011

Heather's Wedding Weekend

So this past weekend was a very fun and eventful one, but also very bittersweet for me - Heather and Benjamin tied the knot!  While I am sad that she will be not within a 30 minute driving distance anymore, I'm so very excited for them!  While on this earth, I can't think of anything that tops marrying your best friend... other than having a family with that person.  I know that Heather and Benjamin will have a wonderful marriage and will be a blessing to one another.  Most importantly, I know that their marriage will have God in the center of it. 

Thank you Heather and Benjamin for letting me be a part of your special day!  You may name your first daughter after me too if you want!

Well, let me share with you the events of this past weekend up until about 20 minutes ago.

On Friday we headed out at about 8am and arrived in Florence right in time for the bridal luncheon.  It was held at this cute little place where you can have actual tea parties.  I'm pretty sure my mother-in-law would absolutely love taking her granddaughters to this place and getting them all dressed up in their finest!  The food was very good too!  I'm not a tea fan so I didn't try any, but they had all kinds of flavors.

William and Abby Ruth then picked me up and we went to our hotel and got settled in.  AR got some much needed rest and hand sucking in while there. 

AR sucking all 4 fingers and grasping her blanket (which apparently is a good sign according the the screening my mama did on her last week!:) )

Friday evening we had the rehearsal and then the dinner.  We ate at this really neat place called The School House that was located on a pond that had all of these almost frogs in it!  The food was great and Elizabeth made this "to die for" peach pound cake that I will be making in the future!


All of the frogs!
Saturday morning, Abby Ruth started a new game called, "Where am I?"  She'll be ready for real camo in no time!!

Then it was wedding time!!  All the bridal party had to be at the church at 11:30 to get pictures started.  I really enjoyed being around all of Heather's and Benjamin's family members and getting to know some of them better!

The ceremony was so very nice and everything just went smoothly. The reception was very pretty and they had lots of yummy food. We got to see some people we haven't seen in a while, mainly Kirkley! AR was super excited to finally meet Kirkley and has been talking about it a lot!!

Abby Ruth and I went the beautiful bride!

Girls from Clemson!
Us with Kirkley
Spending some quality time with Kirkley

My family minus Katie and Clint

Totally out in Grand Daddy's arms!
Our little family
It was also nice to have my parents there with us as well!

We got back late Saturday evening and took it pretty easy today. 

AR chilled in her little seat this morning before church

All dressed up and ready to go to nursery!
Lastly, William had been so kind as to agree to train for a 5k with me.  You see, I can't even run a mile... I did get to the point where I could last year but that has long passed.  I want to do this so that I can say that I did and I want to get in shape and maybe lose a little weight?!  So tonight we did our first day of Couch to 5k.  It's going to be rough when the heat goes back up but I really want to do this... I figure if I blog about it I'll be more likely to stick to it.  So... here we go!  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment