Friday, February 3, 2012

Here, There, and Everywhere!

As my child get more mobile, "my" time seems to become less and less.  What I used to get done during the day as far as chores, computer time, etc... all has to be squeezed into nap times and after she goes down for the night.  So if you don't see an many posts as normal, just know that I'm somewhere keeping my child from eating something off the floor, moving things to higher levels, or giving her my crusts off my sandwich so that she doesn't cry while I eat my lunch!  The last one actually helps me not feel so wasteful considering I don't even like the crust!

Having such a mobile child has been so different, but fun too!  She's doing everything but walking without holding on now.  We have started playpen time so that I can get some stuff done and she can learn to play independently (which she does decently already).  I put a few toys and books in her pack'n'play and put her in right after her breakfast.  She does normally cry, but it doesn't even last a minute usually.  I disappear into my room or the bathroom to get ready and make the bed and she plays for a bit.  We just started so some days it's still just 10-15 minutes, but it helps!

Let me walk you through our last two weeks using pictures:
AR escaped her sleep sack and therefore stood up in her crib for the first time.  I watched the whole thing via video monitor and it was quite funny watching one limb come out at a time.
She moved up to her big girl car seat!  She seems to really enjoy it and looks so much more comfy!
She plays puppy dog!  She finds her socks on the floor and puts them in her mouth and then crawls around. 
She finds many new places to explore (or get "trapped" in)!
Somehow she got our daily devotional book off of the table.  I thought I had moved everything out of reach... hence the table cloth half off!
AR loves her food!!  At the end of lunch and supper she gets to have a few crackers and she tears them up

She finds it very interesting when we are drinking out of a glass.  This may have been caused by the frosty we let her try, who knows... but she wants some of our drink if we have one.
Looking like a big girl!
Wearing her Valentine's Day tights
Showing off her newest trick - waving.  It's the cutest thing and I will have to get a video on here!  She is also playing with her new favorite "toy" - the VCR.  Most of her friends won't even know what a VCR is, but we are big on teaching her history around here!
AR is also on meds for her 3rd ear infection.  She's had one every month since she was 7 months old.  The doctor told us that 5 in a season qualifies for tubes, so I'm really hoping we don't have to go that route.  She actually never lets on that she is sick.  I know b/c the first one she got a horrible cough and that's what was causing it... so I've learned her symptoms and have to go by that.  The doctor also told us her gums were swollen wear her molars were!  Um, what?!  Where did our baby go?!

That's all for now!

4 comments:

  1. Loved every word and picture! I NEED to get together with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big girl! I am loving this age!! Um..that saw looks really close to the pack and play in one of those pictures. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This beautiful baby makes me smile everytime I see her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, she's growing up so stinking fast!! makes me emotional;)

    ReplyDelete