This past weekend my good friend, Elizabeth, got married. She married Rob who we have enjoyed getting to know and look forward to watching them grow as a married couple!
Many of you know that Heather and I used to make and decorate cakes together and I still do one every once in a while. Well, Elizabeth asked me to do the cake... the wedding cake! I said that I would and Heather said she'd help me. I'll share the rest in pictures:
 |
| Just some of the ingredients for the cakes. |
 |
| The four cakes that I made... Heather had two strawberry cakes. |
 |
| The top layer, done and ready to go on. |
 |
| What the dots looked like before being pressed down. |
 |
| Some of our mess. |
 |
| After the cake was stacked I had to put the finishing touches on it. |
 |
| Finished and ready to go outside. |
 |
| There she is! All in one piece!! |
 |
| Over all, I'm very pleased with it to be our first wedding cake. I need to give a HUGE thanks to Annette who helped me out greatly and taught me a lot! Without her I doubt this could have happened. |
 |
| Cake cutting time! |
I really did enjoy making the wedding cake and especially the time I got to spend with Heather as we don't see each other as much anymore. I really learned a lot from this cake and hope to get back into doing cake more now. Unfortunately, it rained right after the wedding party arrived and therefore the cake cutting was postponed a while. A good many people had left by this time and there was a ton of cake left, but they were able to take it to church and school so I'm sure it all got eaten! Thanks for asking us to do the cake Elizabeth!
You could find AR out on the dance floor most of the time. Sometimes she was dancing and sometimes she was just staring at others who were dancing! I have to ask... do you see some red in her hair, because every now and then we see it and these pictures seem to show it well.
 |
| AR in her pretty white dress... don't worry Mimi, it looks almost good as new again! |
 |
| She met a friend who kept dancing with her and AR loved it! |
 |
| The Mr. and Mrs. |
 |
| Dancing with Daddy |
 |
| Out in the midst of it all! |
 |
| I never knew Benjamin had it in him!! Ruth Anne and Heather are behind him. |
 |
| Daddy and AR after dipping her head under the water coming off the tent. |
 |
| AR standing under dripping water letting her head get soaked. |
 |
| Not happy about something, but she was a good sport for the most part. |
 |
| Dancing with her friend again |
Some other random pictures for you:
 |
| So I caught AR climbing onto her little table last week. Notice Daddy's shoe in her room... her fascination with shoes continues to grow. If you sit on the couch and knock your shoes off, you can best believe she'll be putting them back on you shortly! |
 |
| "Uh oh, she caught me!" |
Playing outside:
 |
| Trying to throw the ball to Tucker. |
 |
| Tucker has a new haircut! |
Bath/Shower time:
 |
| This is what bathing in a Rubbermaid tub looks like! |
 |
| Sunday morning bath after a tiring night of dancing! She was imitating Daddy splashing with her foot/leg. |
And just so you don't think we are spoiling her:
 |
| She earns her keep around here! |
NICE, Bonnie!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute. I hate we didn't get to try the cake, but I am sure that it was good. Looks like AR had a fun time. It was great to see you.
ReplyDeletecake looked great! impressed! I hope that is red hair i see:)
ReplyDeleteawesome job on the cake! and AR on the dance floor!!...didnt see you out there?!?! haha
ReplyDeleteYour cake looks amazing!! I love the dots. I can see you with a bakery one day! Also, the next time Hayden comes we'll have to have a play date with him and "Abby Wuth"
ReplyDeleteThanks Chelly! Did you happen to get my facebook msg I sent you the other day?
Delete