Monday, October 28, 2013

5 Months and 2 1/2 Years Updates!

I have a toddler and a baby... that still amazes me!  It's great, it's fun, and it's also a lot of hard work and very tiresome, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world!  I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of AR falling out of her bed this morning at 5am and waking W up who wouldn't go back to sleep b/c apparently he had a dirty diaper and then was hungry!  On to an update of our babies:

2.5 Years
Sorry I didn't have a photo of her alone since the last blog!
What she's up to these days:
-loves her baby dolls, reading, and her baby brother
-talks nonstop and remembers every-single-thing!
-100% paci-free but still loves her sleep sack!
-prefers wearing skirts, dresses, and tutus (thank you Lovey) over pants, but mostly prefers to be in nothing but underwear!
-it's daytime potty-trained but still working on nighttime
-can often be caught "mimicking" one of us, either by how we are sitting, how we talk to W, and so on
-enjoys "school" and will often ask if we can do it
-can almost count to 10 but often skips 3 and 4 so we are currently working on #3 in "school"
-would eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich for every meal if allowed (or cheese)
-already a little analyzer like her mama!  Every day I hear her say something to the nature of "when daddy gets home, I'm going to say 'daddy, _____'"... already planning out her conversations!
-gets frustrated very easily, which is unfortunately another one of her mother's traits
-fights sleep like it's her job and it's about to make her mama go insane (all tips appreciated!)
-is really good at trying to have a little control while "obeying" us at the same time... for instance, I might say, "AR put this cup in the sink" and she'll say "I put it right here (being the counter)"... unfortunately for her this doesn't always work in our house at this is still disobedience but you have to give her credit for trying.  (love her but she can drive us nutto around here!)

And now for the easier one (I guess that means he is more like his daddy ;) ):
5 Months
 
 What W's up to these days:
-we are on a "loose" schedule if you will now
-5 feedings, 3 with solids (rice cereal, squash, and carrots so far)
-sleeps from about 7:30/8ish - 7/7:15ish
-just recently went to being unswaddled at night and transitioned sooo much better than I thought!
-takes 2 good naps and 1 cat nap during the day
-still smiles all the time
-don't know about weight and height but i'm guessing 16.5lbs or more due to the fact that we just went to size 3 diapers
-starting to play with toys more
-enjoys our jumping exasaucer but instead of jumping he goes side to side from one foot to the other
-still just rolls from tummy to back


Handsome fella!
 A few other pics:
AR reading her bible to her baby during "me time".  She loves to sit in this doll highchair and it makes her look like a lifeguard to me

"Feeding" Baby W with a measuring spoon and a red paper plate.
 All ready for church:


Can't wait to share our Halloween pictures with y'all!!  We are looking forward to going trick-or-treating for the first time this year... though William is probably the most excited about all the candy he'll be eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment