We have started off this Christmas with a parade that my sister and some of her students were in and decorating our house! This has been especially fun seeing it all through a 2.5 year old's eyes!
First, I'd like to give you a little update on my sister's job status (and I've been given permission to share this), as some of you know has been a looong time coming. I love this story because as you look back you see how the Lord was working and how perfect His timing is.
Katie has been out of school for 3+ years now and has had her share of long-term subbing jobs. She majored in Agriculture Education and then went on to get her masters when no jobs were available. I have learned a lot about ag ed through her... first being it's existence, haha. The ag department at Clemson (and I assume most colleges) is a tight, tight group and it's so neat to see that. She still communicates with her professors and that just blows my mind! They have continuously looked out for her since she graduated and it's obvious the Lord has placed so many people for this reason in her life.
Well, back to job hunting. Katie was finally to the point of trying a new profession and had even signed up for classes at tech to become a dental hygienist. Right before she was to start she received a few phone calls (including some from one of those former professors) about a job opening for a man who would be receiving treatment for his cancer but had full intentions of returning to work. The principal talked her into doing it saying that she could always start her classes in the Spring. Katie decided that this would be her last go at teaching in the ag field if she didn't enjoy it.
She has ended up really liking it at this school and says she finally feels that she belongs there. I know that I, as well as many others, were all praying for this situation. I prayed that it would work out for both her and the teacher but there were many times I didn't know how to pray about it. We never in a million years wanted her to get a job due to the passing away of another but that is what happened. I should let you know that he had decided to retire and told Katie that he wanted her to have his job but before this could all happen he lost his battle.
I think we have to take a step back and look at things from his view. The Lord, for some reason, allowed him to get cancer and in some way He'll use all of this for His glory. Maybe he prayed for the right person to fill his shoes. Maybe his family is comforted knowing that he would have been pleased with the job my sister is doing. There are many things we'll never know, at least not on this earth... so while this might not have been the way any of us wanted it all to work out, the Lord had, and has, a plan that is much better than anything we could ever dream of.
We got the chance to see my sister in action the other day while getting some of her students ready for the parade in which they "rode in memory" of their former teacher. I know my sister and I know that she was in "her element" and I told William later that the job definitely suited her. The Lord had the right job for her it just wasn't the right time for Katie... or so we all thought. So as cliche as it may sound, sometimes, no, ALL the time, we need to "let go and let God". His plan for us is so much more than we could ever hope or try for.
Well, on to the parade:
![]() |
| Waiting for the parade to start! |
![]() |
| AR was just-a-waving at everybody! |
![]() |
| Katie's and her students on their float |
![]() |
| She had no clue she had remnants from her first lollipop on her chin... she was eating a different color in this picture! |
When we returned Sunday evening, Daddy was nice and brought down all the Christmas decor from the attic. AR loved the tree and decorating it!
![]() |
| Excuse my pjs and excuse AR's pj bottoms that she put on herself... backwards. |
![]() |
| Off to get more ornaments! |
| She's a tree hugger... literally! |
![]() |
| Topping off the tree with my grandparents angel. |















No comments:
Post a Comment