Monday, October 18, 2010

Tucker's BIG Secret!

Well, really it's not a secret for most now, but I had to title it this to go along with my sis-n-law's blog.  If you don't already know or can't read the sign above, Tucker's BIG secret is that he's going to be a "big brother"!  (haha, I hope you like that Mollie!)

William and I are at the moment 12 weeks and 4 days pregnant with our first child!  We are both super excited, but I'm the one who is more nervous.  William is "just ready for it to be here", while I sit around and think of all that I don't know or whether or not we will be good parents and so on.  Heather told me there is a saying about "a mom is a mom from the start of the pregnancy, but a dad isn't a dad until it's here."  It's nice to finally be able to share with everyone.

As for planning, I've started "researching" prices on cribs, jogging strollers, and gliders b/c those are the first things we are going to buy.  And they will come off craigslist or from a yardsale... other than that, we'll register for most and buy what we don't get.  I was waiting to buy anything until our last appt. which was last Friday.  So when I find a deal, I will probably go ahead and purchase... it'll be strange having these things in my house (and cramped). 

As for names, we haven't decided on whether we are sharing or not.  Many know what we are thinking about, but there is one person in particular I really wanted to surprise... we'll see.  If it is a boy, it will be a junior, but we aren't 100% on the nickname yet.  If it's a girl, we are unsure about the first name, but I know the middle and this is the part I wanted to be a surprise for that person.  I have a feeling we will end up sharing once we know, but I don't want everything monogramed.  To be honest, it's a practical thing... I want to reuse as much as possible or be able to give to others and if thier name/initials are plastered over everything, I feel that it's a waste.  Now, I don't mind one or two things and of course they are cute, but it's just not me.

I want to share with you why this baby is such a blessing to us, but I fear it will be too much for this one blog.  So my next post will have all the details!  As for now, if you would like to know how you can pray for us, my prayer requests are this:  1) for a strong and healthy baby, 2) healthy pregnancy, and 3) that the Lord's will will be done through this pregnancy/birth whether that means good and/or hard times for us.

9 comments:

  1. YIPPPEEEE!!!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so excited! And I'm excited to that I was quoted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, this is going to bother me, but "I'm excited TOO" .. can't believe I spelled that wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I looked at the picture I figured you were getting another dog but a baby- whoa! Thats amazing! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tucker's little announcement and I'm so glad that the news is officially out!! We love you guys and are SO excited!! We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just attended a Bible training session that taught us that God has a plan for us and that plan is perfect because He is - I know this applies to you and your new family! I am so very happy for you both!

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops - and congratulations to Tucker too!

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  8. i totally agree with this comment "a mom is a mom from the start of the pregnancy, but a dad isn't a dad until it's here." You guys will be amazing parents and trust me, its scary at first because you arent really sure what you are doing...but then overnight it just hits you and your mommy insticts just kick in! i am sooo happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete