Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Review

This past weekend, or really as of last Thursday, I headed to Fort Mill with my sister for a long weekend.  Friday, I spent the day with our great aunt, JJ.  She first helped me work on my quilt that I plan to use in the baby's room... it was made by my great grandmother (her mother) and there are places that needed to be worked on.  That is one of my projects over the next few weeks.  Then we grabbed lunch and visited my grandmother that afternoon.  It was a very nice day and nice to visit with her since I don't see her as much now that I live away from home.

Saturday, my mom and sister were kind enough to hit up a consignment sale to find Abby Ruth some items.  (Katie and I had already stopped at one on the way to FM Thursday and bought a few items)  I truely believe a boy would have been sooo much less tempting to buy clothes for and maybe God is using this to teach me something!  Although, the devil is using my sister who would bring something to me every few minutes trying to talk me into buying it!  haha, jk!  Below are just a few of the items that I bought for her and the price I paid.  Like I've said before, you won't see me paying full price for any outfits for her for a loooong time... it's such a waste of money!

The outfits above cost me $2 each I believe
and both are for Sept/Oct/Nov time.

These two white outfits are my absolute favorites of both sales. 
The smocked romper was $2 and the dress was only $1 and
that wasn't the 1/2 off day.  The dress doesn't have a size but I
couldn't resist... I even wonder if it's handmade.  White is just so
sweet to me and I can't wait to put her in them!

I fell in love with this orange dress that is for 18 months...
so I'm hoping she can wear it not this, but next football
season!  It was $2 on the 1/2 price day!

Later Saturday, Katie had another wedding shower and she got tons of nice things!  It was a lot of fun and lots of good eating too!

The beautiful cake made by Ella who did my wedding cake...
and it tasted wonderful!
Add caption
Katie with her favorite sister - me (at 8 wks and 2 days)!
Katie and Mama
Katie opening a gift full of kitchen utensils!  It was
practically a whole kitchen drawer in one box!
Opening more gifts!
Katie visiting with JJ and Nannnie

Sunday was spent at church, then a mother-daughter luncheon at my great aunt's church and then heading back home.  I was e-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d Sunday night and this morning I couldn't wake up.  It was nice to sleep in even though I told myself I wasn't going to.  Last night, William said just sleep in tomorrow and I think that made me not feel so guilty.  But lots to do tomorrow now!

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie, glad you’re doing well. LOVE the little clothes! Believe me, no a boy is almost worse with the clothes because there’s not so much for boys so you have to “add” stuff to their little outfits like smocking with little boats or trains and stuff if you want to do “fancy”. I’m finding this out. lol Their stuff is more simple but expensive in some ways! But then again, I forgot about all the “accessories” you can buy for a girl. That would be a lot but a lot of fun too! I see what you mean! :-) Abby Ruth is going to look so cute! I love your style and I just can’t wait to see her! Your sister’s shower looked nice. I thought she and your mama were real sweet when I met them at your church shower. And William’s family too.
    I hope to see you soon!
    Have a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT FUN!!!!!!!!!!! And, you NEED to sleep and get as rest as you can before Baby Abby gets here! LOVE the smocked/white clothes. My favs, too! I admire your dedication....I would have a hard time resisting new clothes!--guess it's best not to even go in Babies R Us! (Did you make that wedding cake?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you hit up the For Every Season sale in Fort Mill? That's where we went! I am so proud of what I found too. Gotta love the smocked goodies available! If you are into bows, I saw bags full in the accessories area for not very much. I found a bunch of really cute ones at our dollar store. I'd never pay $12 for just one! Not even $5! I'm sure you wouldn't either :)

    ReplyDelete