Monday, April 18, 2011

Updates, Crafts, and a Look into the Future!

I figured it was time for a little update!  The past couple weeks have been fairly busy and mostly due to me trying to get things ready.  I really didn't hit the "nesting" phase until about week 35... always have been a procrastinator though!  Two Sundays ago, I got to tag along with Katie while she had her bridal portraits done and it was so cool.  I can't tell you much about it now as it's a surprise to Clint, and with him being an avid reader of the blog, I don't want to ruin it.  Total sarcasm in that last sentence, though it is a surprise!  This past weekend I got to go to a shower for Heather which was very nice and lots of fun.  With the baby coming, I will be missing out on lots of other showers/parties for her and Benjamin, which makes me sad, but there isn't much I can do to change things! 

I wanted to show the before and after pics of the circle framed art work in Abby Ruth's room.  I felt somewhat bad knowing that somebody's grandmother spent a lot of time and hard work making this and then I just ripped it out and threw it away.  I hope it wasn't your grandmother!  I have to say, it's a much needed improvement though!

I paid $2 for the original art and then about $4 for the letters, scrapbook paper, and paint supplies... so all about $6-7!
Then this past week I have been working on some hairbows b/c I am not paying $4+ for one.  I have a ton of ribbon anyways, so I have been reading online tutorials and making them.  This is what I have so far.  The flowers I actually pulled off stems and glued them to clips... they were on sale for .75 cents each.  I bought a pack of headbands at a consignment sale to clip them to.  Next, I need to make some for her cousin Caroline! 
If you have been thinking "I wonder what Bonnie and William's child is going to look like?"  Well, I have the answer:
Hopefully with a little bit of curl in the hair and minus the "thinker pose"!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment