Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thrifty Christmas

I know Christmas seems ages ago now, though it was not even 3 weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to sharing about our "Thrifty Christmas".  On William's side, there are 3 siblings, eash with a spouse or soon to be spouse.  Each girls gets another girl's name and same for the boys.  Mollie came up with the idea to limit our budget of no more than $10 and that the gift had to be either handmade or bought at a thrift store or off craigslist.  I thought it was a great idea... William, not so much.  I will say it is easier for a girl to make something for another girl.

Anyways, I had my soon-to-be SIL, Sarah's name.  I made her this scarf out of a t-shirt which I wish I'd taken a picture of on.  I really liked how it turned out and may make one for myself soon.  I also made her this picture on a tile and a head pack with lentils in it.  All can be found on my pinterest boards.

The one on the right is for my sister and her husband.
I also made a heat pack for Grandmama and Daddy Mac as well as AR.  I like to put one her in car seat if I don't have time to start up the car or in the stroller if it's a little chilly out.
 

Since I was already in the crafty mode and didn't have much money to spend anyways, I decided to make some things for Katie and Clint.  I had her send me a couple of her favorite pics from their wedding and made one into another pic on a tile (as pictured above) and the other I mod podged onto a canvas and painted the edges black.  I had edited the pic on picnik.com and added their name and "est 2011".  I really like the canvas one and may need to do one of AR's baby pics like this.  Sorry for the poor quality in some pics!
 

Since mama was being all crafty, AR didn't want to miss out and wanted to make her grandparents, great grandparents, and Aunt Katie an ornament.  Who was I to stop her! 
Tell me that isn't the sweetest little hand you've ever seen... Seriously, I dare you to tell me that!
She even let me do the painting!  (She actually hated this whole process, but my sister was nice enough to help me make them and deal with AR's fussiness)

Every single project on here comes via pinterest.  If you aren't on it, you just might not be that cool! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment