Tuesday, April 3, 2012

We're Home

     Last Wednesday evening, we headed up to FM for my grandmother's funeral and left there to go to Litchfield until Monday morning.  Nana's funeral was very nice and it was touching to see and visit with people who came. 
     The beach was sooo nice and relaxing, even with a very active 11 month old.  I know that AR enjoyed her daddy time and William was very willing to help however he could so I could sit out on the balcony.  We couldn't have asked for a better set up.  We had a top floor condo that was ocean front.  It also didn't have anything above the balcony, therefore I was able to lounge out there and still get some sun (though after my atypical moles, I am def. cutting back).  This was nice with a baby who still needs her two naps.  I was disappointed that we were unable to get in the pool this weekend, but we will just have to visit Miss Meredith and Miss Ames this summer and get our pool time in.  :)
     I'll do the rest of our long weekend review via pictures!

Wednesday, before we left, I watched my friend's little boy.  AR is still infatuated with him, hence the baby gate so that she doesn't "pet" his face.
Aunt Katie's outfit from when she was this age... we also had it on a teddy bear for a long time!
Doing a routine check up on the wheels... I think this girl has a career in the pit for nascar!  She is obsessed with holes and loves to stick her fingers in them and study them.
We arrived at Grand Daddy and Lovey's Wed. evening and got to hang out with Katie, Clint, and Buddy.
She loves him, from a certain distance that is (which changes depending on her mood)
With her Lovey!
Thursday evening, after the funeral, we headed to Litchfield.  AR was nice for us and slept until 8 each morning.  We did encourage this by keeping her up an extra hour at night.  :)  Friday we went out for a walk and to play on the beach.  We also went to Murrells Inlet to eat supper at Nance's.  William even shared a plate with me... and it was his suggestion.  He's come so far!


Taking it all in.
 


First day = not a fan (at all)
AR enjoying the master bath tub and we even turned on the jets for her.
Her newest fascination is bags, especially the one above.  She likes to grab them by the strap and carry them around wherever she goes.
"I'll snuggle with you if you give me food" and that's about all the snuggling we get.
 Saturday was spent lounging around and it was great!  The sun wasn't out much so we mainly stayed inside and William caught up on his cable and I read some "no thinking required" books.  Oh, and we attended to AR's needs and wants :).  We went out to Damon's for supper that night but didn't have a great experience between slow service and a whiny baby that caused us to eat our meal by ourselves while the other walked her around.  This may be a common occurrence for others, but she never acts like this and I was getting embarrassed (and maybe a little annoyed) of her fussiness.
Mini Daddy

"Daddy, where are you?"
"No, really, where are you?!"
We attempted photo shoot #1:



 Sunday was a very pretty day that we spent much of outside.  We went on a morning walk which was quite cooler than we expected.  We later spent an hour or so on the beach and AR loved it this go around.  We went to Cracker Barrel that night for supper so that if our whiny baby showed back up we'd be in more of a family friendly atmosphere.  She was much better though.
Daddy's jacket makes a great blanket!
In the midst of eating a cheerio

Getting my rims cleaned off
The aftermath of AR's snack.  Pretty sure we throw away 2/3's of her cheerios, except when she eats them off the floor. :)

Ready for try #2 at the beach!
"See yall later, I got seagulls to catch!"
AR has stood on her own for a few seconds here and there, but she kept doing it out on the beach.  William and I were all excited and praising her... I'm sure others knew we were first time parents!
 


Somebody got into mama's suitcase.
 Photo shoot #2:

We had a great time at the beach.  If we get the chance to go again for a long weekend I think I might like to try it sans baby.  Love her but sleeping until you awake has become an old lost friend, one I'd like to be acquainted with again... if just for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. we should have a triple play date @ Meredith's pool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! Looks like so much fun! Bonnie, you look so great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete