Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Time!

We are enjoying spending this Christmas season with our 1 1/2 year old and she seems to be enjoying it too. 

A couple weeks ago we attended the parade downtown... while it was fun, I'm not sure it's worth the wait.  We may be finding a small town parade to attend next year.  It's rather difficult to entertain a 1 yr old for 40 minutes just waiting on it to start.  She did seem to enjoy it for the most part though.


Looking at a dog dressed like Santa
A view from the other side.
AR waved at at many of the floats and people as they went by.
I believe this was when we saw Santa coming



We were able to get our house decorated when we returned from Thanksgiving.  This year we broke down and bought a fake Christmas tree.  Real ones give me sinus infections and my husband was nice enough to forgo the real ones for my health.  I was also in a purging mood while decorating and was able to get rid of over a storage tote full of old decorations!
Our tree and presents... though a couple are birthday presents which is why they might stand out!
Nativity, mantle, and advent calendar.  I've decided to wait until next year to start the advent calendar as AR is still too young to do most activities.
Our Christmas card display.  I LOVE checking the mail in December!
I hope to have some pictures up of AR in her beautiful Christmas dresses soon!

Other happenings:
AR has been very interested in our snowman and Santa that go in front of the fire place.  I often find them moved somewhere else and usually facing the wall as if they are in time out... which I've never done that type of time out with her.
So the other day AR refused her nap and this is what I turn around to find at supper time.
A friend returned our jumping exersaucer and AR wanted to get in it which was so funny b/c she's sooo big.  She could literally stand on her knees in it!
She still enjoyed playing in it for the time being though.
Learning the ways of tools with Daddy.
AR managed to get in the dryer and get stuck... I did know she was doing this so don't think I'm a horrible mom and just found her this way!  We try to keep the door shut now!



No comments:

Post a Comment