I apologize for the lack of blogging... I've been working like crazy on our family yearbook b/c my online coupon expires this week. Therefore more focus is on that then on this blog right now! I haven't decided if I will split this blog up into multiple ones or not yet. You will just have to read and find out!
One evening before Christmas, our neighborhood "Santa" stopped by to see AR. We never got a chance to go visit Santa and so this is as good as it gets. AR picked up fast on who Santa was and points him out everywhere. She opened my parents' coffee table bible and started saying "San-ta, San-ta" and pointing at a picture so I had to get up and see where "Santa" was in the bible. Well, the picture of Noah or Moses (can't remember) had him w/ a long white beard and therefore making him look like Santa.
The weekend before Christmas my parents were suppose to come stay with us for a night and we were going to have our big family Christmas here at my aunt and uncle's house. Unfortunately, my great grandmother (on the other side) lost her sister and we decided to go there for the funeral and had Christmas w/ just my parents and Katie and Clint instead. We were still able to enjoy our time together and AR loved getting into her presents this year!
.JPG) |
| Loving her new baby doll stroller |
.JPG) |
| She loves her Uncle Clint! |
 |
The whole family after church
|
We left Sunday afternoon for Mimi and Papa's house. We got to spend Christmas Eve at Grandmama and Daddy Mac's and then Santa dropped off a few presents at Mimi's while we were there for AR.
 |
| Sharing some dessert with Grandmama |
 |
| She loves her Daddy Mac! |
 |
| AR smiles on command and it's really cute and funny at times! |
 |
| Santa brought a new bible for AR |
 |
| He also brought a new bath toy! |
We came back home late on Christmas Day and AR was able to get the rest
of her presents from us and Santa. He daddy built her the beautiful
play kitchen you are about to see and I'm just in love with it! We've
since added a few hooks for her pots and pans she got!
 |
| The original nightstand... |
 |
| The finished product! I didn't keep exact amounts but we think we spent no more than about $30 on the whole thing! |
 |
| She loves it! And in case you were wanting to see "the belly" there HE is in the background! |
 |
| What it looked like the next day when playing with all her new toys! |
 |
| Her preferred method of playing looks a bit like this! |
And lastly, we headed back to Mimi's house to spend time with the cousins a little bit and then back to Lovey's again for one more Christmas family get together. I don't have any pictures from the later but here are some w/ the cousins!
 |
| About as good as it gets |
 |
| There's always some dancing going on at Mimi's house! |
 |
| Uncle Willie doing some coloring with Grayson |
This last picture something I just wanted to share. When I was born my great grandmother, Big Mama, made me (and all the cousins) stockings. She had made my parents theirs and also my grandparents'. She is no longer with us but my great aunt, JJ, has taken over the tradition and worked long and hard on stockings for William and AR to match mine. I LOVE them and they mean so much. She has already said she's ready to make one for this little BOY we are expecting this year!
Well I got it all in and no, mama, I didn't proofread! Mostly b/c I don't want to think about it again for a week or two... sorry! Back to work on the family yearbook!
No comments:
Post a Comment