Wednesday, August 28, 2013

3 Months, Facing Foward, and K2

Our little W is 3 months old now as of last Saturday!  Once again, it's going way too fast!

 Stats at 3 months and 2 days:
No doctor appt., but he is weighing around 14lbs and about 25inches tall according to my measurements!

What W's up to at 3 months:
-sucking on his hands
-has rolled from belly to back 2 or 3 times just starting today!  (I say or 3 b/c AR told me he rolled over this morning and he was indeed on his back but the question is did he do it on his on!?  The other 2 I witnessed!)
-still smiling like crazy
-nursing 6 times a day - every three hours during the day
-sleeping from around 10:30pm-7am
-started sleeping in the pack'n'play at night... hopefully AR will give up the crib in the near future!
-is a pro at spitting up... it seems to be worse when I've eaten dairy so I'm trying to cut back and see if that helps

How so much sweetness can be in one little boy is beyond me!
 What we've been up to these past couple weeks:
We had a rainy week and I made a fort for AR... she enjoyed it but not as much as I think she will in a couple years.
 The kids and I made a trip to Lovey and Grand Daddy's house and enjoyed visiting with them.  I NEED to get better at taking pictures for sure!
AR loves her car at Lovey's!  This one was taken when she was just "reading" her little book.  She's really into reading aloud right now and it's the cutest thing!

Will got a bath in the kitchen sink. 

He seemed to enjoy it!

We are loving this age (minus the tantrums... more to come on that in another blog!).  AR has finally started telling us she loves us without being prompted and we eat it up!

BIG NEWS!  AR is finally facing forward in her car seat now!  She is tall enough to do so even though the law says she could have done it when she turned one (I plan to write a blog on this too soon hopefully!)  We had to bring the seat in for Daddy to get all the straps done right!

On Sunday we finally went to the water park and Katie and Clint were able to join us!  All my other pics are on William's phone (I have yet another blog planned for a MAJOR photo dump from his phone!)  My small camera is not working and therefore I don't get as many pics at things like this.  W was a trooper though and AR loooooved the water!


Reading to brother
Our other big news of the week is that I started a "K2" curriculum with AR... it's nothing fancy at all and I'm very laid back with it.  So laid back that we started 3 weeks late!  :)  It's only 2 days a week and so I'm just doing 2 weeks of it this week and then skipping the "camping" theme until a time when we are actually going camping.
Since everybody else was taking back to school pics we did too!  I could have chosen better lighting though!

This week's theme was sea/ocean.  Here she's playing with her play dough that smells like pineapples and sea shells.
I have to say that I was excited to start this but I figured our real quick why I taught upper elementary and not the little ones.  I like the longer attention spans and the ability to sit still... but it's still fun to watch AR enjoying it (even if it's just for a couple minutes on each activity!).


1 comment: