Wednesday, July 29, 2015

End of July

   The summer months are so busy... it amazes me how different summer feels from the other three seasons even when none of your kids are in school... it's not like we are "out for the summer".  It just has a different feel, but we've been enjoying it!
 
A few weekends ago we drove up to the mountains for our annual "Cousin's Day" with my dad's side of the family.  We all had a great time!
 


You'd think this child was fearless the way he normally acts... but he was holding on to daddy for dear life.  He did enjoy the pool though!



We participated in our second Cow Appreciation Day at CFA.  We missed having daddy join us but had a blast going with Grandmama, Mimi, Aunt Mollie and all the cousins!  Well, most of us did... W got very upset over the cow walking around and from the moment he saw it until we left, that was all he was concerned about!  He didn't eat another bite and just hung on to his Mimi.  He continues to tell us the story that goes like this: 
W:  "mooo"
     Me: "You saw a cow at Chick-fil-A?
     W:  "mm-hmm, ehh ehh (cry noise"
     Me:  "You cried?"
     W:  "mm-hmm, meme"
     Me:  "Mimi held you?"
     W:  "mm-hmm"
The entire ride home, W just stared into space... the poor boy was traumatized!!  And for the next couple days when asked if he wanted to go to CFA he said no!!  We haven't been back yet but I'm sure it's coming soon so I'm anxious to see what happens!
 

W is saying "moo" here and I'm not sure what AR is doing.  They both enjoyed dressing up this year!  (Please excuse the tacky safety pins... I had to make his shirt and hat last minute and I wasn't about to ruin one of his two white shirts for good!)
Four generations that appreciate cows... or free food!!  So glad Grandmama joined in on the fun!
 
 
 
A couple more pics:
Reading their Highlights magazines!

 
 
I also now feel like a terrible mom b/c there isn't one picture of  C on here except the one where he is in the carrier... poor third child!!


No comments:

Post a Comment