IT'S DONE!! Our bedroom redo is finally d-o-n-e, done! With the exception of making another pillow for the rocking chair and finding a white blanket for the end of the bed, it's DONE! And... I LOVE IT! It all came together just as I had in my mind and I'm very excited about it!
First, I have a couple of pictures of the new bedroom. Then, at the bottom you will find videos of the old and the new, sorry the coloring is a bit dark though in the videos.
All of my inspiration for the colors came first from the red comforter we bought with wedding money and originally had in the guest room and then scrapbook paper found at Michael's with the blue/green color.
Above: I got the "T" in the open frame from another blog that I was looking at, in which they had done a whole name in an open frame. The silhouette idea came from a tear-out "DIY" type thing from one of my magazines I get. I just took our pics and zoomed in on the computer and trace them. I don't think William was real big on doing these... but I really like how they turned out. Above: I took just about all the empty, and some not empty, wooden frames we had around the house and painted them the red color. I liked how they were all different sizes and textures.
Above: This rocking chair was black and then we took turns painting it white. I bought the cushion for it, b/c honestly, I was tired of sewing and making things. It was just $10 and I figured it would cost me that to make it. The curtains I made from duvet covers from IKEA. I covered two photo boxes with the same fabric.
Above: This is one of my favorite things in my house now... my grandparents highboy. I moved it into our room once the painting was done and it is now my dresser. William and I both love old furniture, esp. when it has sentimental value.
Above: This picture is a little busy b/c of the two mirrows reflecting the other wall. One other project I have to do is my earring holder. I plan to take some scrapbook paper and put it behind the wiring to match the room.
Click on these to see the videos:
Below are a couple more pics of the old room to give you a feel for the original color.
Please leave some comments! Also, if you can tell me how to get my pictures so that you can click on them and make them larger, please let me know! I can't do it on this blog, but I can on ClassyConfections?!?!?!


I love it, I love it, I love it!!! I'm sooooooo impressed! I was actually going to complain to you that I couldn't make the pictures bigger...too funny! I do my blog through picasa and they always get bigger. Not sure how other than that. I HAVE to see this in person, so I need to come over for an after school "spot of tea" or something! BRAVO!
ReplyDeleteIt looks amazing! You did such a good job on all of your little projects--the curtains, the frames, the pillows, etc--I'm so impressed!! I love your thriftiness, too! That makes me want to "redo" a room in my house! So what's your next project?!?
ReplyDeleteGreat job Bonnie!! It looks so much better! :)
ReplyDeleteYou can now view the pics bigger... the new room pics anyways!
ReplyDeleteniiice! that didn't take long at all! really brightens it up!
ReplyDeleteit looks GREAT bonnie!!!! i'm impressed with your skills. now when can you start on my house?? :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks amazing! I'm so excited!
ReplyDeleteBonnie, that is SO COOL! Nicely done. :o)
ReplyDelete