Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Some updates...

Not too much new going on in our lives. William and I are finishing up on our room and therefore I will not post until it is completed. We have to finished the rocking chair and get a few items in their proper place and it'll be done. We have moved back in it though and I have to say that I love it! However, it does make the guest room look dark and gloomy... but I don't think I'll be talking William into redoing it anytime too soon.

I'm almost done reading Radical. I really wish I had posted more as I read, but hindsight is 20/20. I believe that ALL christian need to read this book, esp. American christians. While it speaks straight from the bible, we often tend to twist things without even realizing it and this book helped to make things more clear. Lately, I have been convicted of always trying to be a "better Christian"... I know, this sounds weird. Of course we should always learn more about Jesus and the bible in attempt to become better Christians.... but it shouldn't stop there. I am guilty of not being bold in my faith and not doing more to let others know where I stand. The main reason I do this blog is to be a witness to others. I hope and pray that things written here and even on my facebook will move in somebody's heart.

So... I bought 3 more copies of Radical just to let others borrow. I have them and plan to pass them out this week to the first three: Heather, Meredith, and Liza. Then Donna and Claire will get a turn soon after! If anybody else is interested in borrowing a copy please, please let me know! We will graciously let you borrow one... it's too worth it to not read it!

Lastly, yesterday I was walking around KMart (and embarassingly, I really like this store) and I had found a blanket to go at the end of our bed. I was excited b/c the one we had was cream and I didnt' think about it before hand, but now it doesn't match. While walking around, I come to a section of dorm stuff and one of KMart's brands, Cannon, now has a branch called, "Coexist". At first, I was pretty mad about it. The more I thought though, I was saddened by this. How sad is it that our society promotes this "coexisting" of all religions. Christians, myself included, aren't doing our part to bring others to Christ. So many people believe that all religions lead to the same place and that would be heaven b/c many wouldn't even think hell. Oprah is one of these people and she's such an influence in our society. It breaks my heart that this is what so many today believe. So, with that being said, I took my blanket and put it back where I'd found it b/c it too was made by Cannon. I couldn't stomach giving money to a company that promoted this. It even makes me second think shopping there.

"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" ~John 14:6

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to borrow the book when others are done! I also need to give you back your copy of Redeeming Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read it! I'm going to call you soon and talk to you about something cool we need to do..I think you may like the idea;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get you a copy when I have one available Mollie!

    Meredith, I am very interested in your cool idea! Give me a call soon!

    ReplyDelete