Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Introducing Dagnachew!

Well, I know some of you are puzzled by the strange spelling in my post title.  Dagnachew is the newest "addition" to our family!  He is a little boy who lives in Ethopia that we are sponsoring each month through the Compassion Organization.  He's extremely cute, but apparently they don't want us taking his picture off the internet, so if you want to see him you will have to visit us!  We do have a real picture of him.

After reading "Radical", William and I both felt that we weren't really using the money God has blessed us with to glorify Him as much as we should.  Not that we've been bad with the money, we just weren't sharing it like we should.  We keep an excel spreedsheat of all that we spend (yes, I do realize we are nerds) and I noticed that everything we gave to God, whether it be tithes, buying a Bible study book, donating money, etc... it went under the miscelanous column... and God is much more important than that.  I also realized that not a lot was really under that column and we needed to fix that. 

I remembered somebody coming to speak at FCA in Clemson one time about an organization such as Compassion and I was really moved.  I didn't do anything then, probably thinking a poor college student couldn't do much... but that was wrong. 

I can promise you that a few months ago, the thought of sending of $38 each month would have made me sick on my stomach, but now it doesn't.  I know that it is helping somebody not only to live, but more importantly to hear the Gospel and grow with Christ.  I also know that God will bless us for using our resources for His glory... we are commanded to take His name to all nations.  He may not bless us with money or anything we might see on this earth, but the reward will be great.  So now you see, $38 a month is really nothing and I no longer have any hesitations about it what so ever.

I look forward to writing to Dagnachew and hearing back from him!  We will share more later!  I also look forward to seeing where God wants us to share the resources He has blessed us with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment