Thursday, May 26, 2011

Meeting More Family!

Last week, Abby Ruth got to meet her fun and silly Uncle Andrew! He was visiting my in-laws, so we headed up there for the evening and went out to eat and hung out. It was great spending some time with Andrew as we only see him a couple times a year. I know Abby Ruth will love him b/c he is def. the "fun" uncle!
Meeting Uncle Andrew!
Allowing Papa, Mimi, and Uncle Andrew do look at how cute I am!
This weekend, we went to my hometown and Abby Ruth got to meet her other two great-grandmothers, her great aunt and uncle, her great-great aunt, and some cousins! Whew... we were worn out when we got home! She did really well for all of them and they enjoyed meeting her. I wanted her to meet them before my sister's wedding this weekend b/c I knew that there would be a lot more ppl there who haven't met her yet and would want to.

Granddaddy, Nannie (great grandmother), AR, and me

AR, Nana, Lovey, and me

With her great great aunt, JJ!
William and I were also reassured in our decision to move AR to her own room this past weekend. I never in all my life knew that an infant could make soooo much noise! She grunts mostly and we got very little sleep being in the same room with her! I pulled a "Pollyanna" and reminded myself that I would much rather be hearing those noises and not sleeping than not ever hearing them.
How one looks after getting 3-4 hours of sleep.
This might be one of the few times she looks like me!  ha!
On Friday we went to AR's one month checkup and things were looking good. She is up to 9lbs and 13oz. and is 22 inches long. I forgot to take her one month picture that day so I took it today and sadly, she's not the happiest in it but it'll do!


A couple other pics:
Starting to fit in some new clothes - this is both exciting and sad at the same time for me.

"I got Daddy good!!"  Oh the joys of parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment