Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day and More

So I'm just now getting around to blogging about my very first Mother's Day. Mother's Day was very special for me and I consider it such a blessing to have Abby Ruth in my life now.  She and William were very good to me this past weekend.  They got me a card, a necklace that has my initials on one side and "Love Abby Ruth, 5-8-11 on the other, and I was taken out to dinner and for ice cream!  I will have pics of the necklace later for you, but I assure you that it is beautiful!  Abby Ruth was a great sport while going out to eat and then to get ice cream downtown.  Life has changed for sure - now we have to go out to eat, come home to feed, and then go get ice cream!  It seems that everything revolves around when her next eating time is!

We also got to meet up with William's parents and grandparents for supper on Mother's Day.  We had a great time visiting with them at Cracker Barrel!  Here is William trying to get out of a child's rocking chair and grandmama enjoying time with Abby Ruth.



This past week, my inlaws were here with us.  My mother-in-law was here with me all during the day, allowing me to run errands and helping with Abby Ruth.  It was a huge blessing to have her here and really helped me get caught up on some stuff.  We enjoyed spending the evenings with both of them... and Heather too, who graced us with her presence both Wed. and Thurs. to work on wedding invites and a cake! 

I really didn't do a good job on pics this past week and for that I apologize.  I will put a few of the latest that I have though when she is exactly 3 weeks old!


2 comments:

  1. Just out of curiousity....why do you have to "come home to feed" ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy FIRST Mother's Day!! Abby Ruth couldn't ask for a better mother!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete