Friday, May 18, 2012

Life in the Dark Ages


The good news is that I no longer have a flip phone and therefore my husband can't make fun of me for that... the bad news is that I actually don't have any phone until Monday right now.  My phone broke into 2 pieces earlier this week with the exception of the electrical cord that kept it so that I could at least use it if need be.  Well, leave it to me to leave my phone within grabbing reach of AR... when I saw her grab it yesterday I flew over there and took it and somewhere in between it became 2 separate pieces... as seen below.  So we are living in the dark ages over here without a phone!!!!!!!!!  Well, I still have the internet... and tv... and a microwave... so I guess life isn't over yet!


This phone lasted me a good 2 1/2 years at least... waiting on my new basic phone to arrive now. 

On Tuesday evening, AR got bit my a mosquito on her forehead and the next day it looked awful!  It was worse than any bruise or knot she's ever gotten from falling or anything.  I tried to take a picture of it, but it doesn't do it justice!
There was a bruise already there that you can kind of see (a little yellow), but the knot was huge from the bite!  AR looks as though she's about to attack the camera with her spoon!
I can't believe AR will be 13 Months on Sunday!  Maybe it's b/c she's my first, but I have found it really  amazing just how much information she is retaining and learning.  I just love seeing her learn and do something new.  I can ask her to do something like "drink your water/milk", "you do it", or "where's the ____ " and she responds correctly.  Now, it's definitely not every time and I know my daughter's not a genius... it's just so neat to see her responding.  I can also work with her on something like giving kisses and she picks it up fast... and who knew those open mouth, wet kisses could be so sweet?!

We are also up to 11 teeth!  Like her first few teeth, she never let me know.  I managed to get a peek in there, which is hard to do these days, and saw that two more top teeth had popped through.  I do think that she has another one coming in due to running nose and fussiness this week.  Some give her more trouble than others.


Just a few more pics for you:
One of AR's favorite things right now is straps... she loves the Wii remote, bags, and anything she can stick her arm into and carry around like a purse.  Is this a girl thing?!
Entertainment comes in all sorts of forms these days and it never ceases to amaze me what she finds to play with.  Here she has a place mat that she was taking all over the house and sitting on. 
Eating some chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries.
Bananas and cheerios for breakfast this morning.  She's teething again and therefore won't eat anything from a spoon such as her normal oatmeal with either applesauce or banana in it.
Ready to go to the neighborhood covered dish on Monday night.  Check out my new bird earrings from William and AR that I got for Mother's Day... love them!





No comments:

Post a Comment