After two days in Chicago it was time to head to Michiana Shores, Michigan which is right on the Indiana/Michigan state lines as well as Lake Michigan. William's brother got married on Saturday on the beach to the beautiful Sarah. We are so excited to welcome her into the family and so happy for the two of them!
Friday morning they had rehearsal this was my first experience seeing any of the Great Lakes and
it was so neat. It really looked like the oceans (minus the waves) b/c
you can't see across it.
 |
| Rehearsing! |
Instead of a rehearsal dinner, we had a rehearsal brunch. It was held at some gardens nearby and was so pretty. The food was fantastic as well!
 |
| Andrew and Sarah saying a few words of gratitude to their friends and family. |
 |
| My handsome date! |
After the brunch we explored New Buffalo and then headed to eat at Redamak's, a well known hamburger joint. We even celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday while we were there!
 |
| Chad and Mollie waiting to be seated. |
Saturday was the BIG day! Sarah and Andrew are avid runners/exercisers and wanted to start the day with a family/friend 5K. After doing a few 5K's while walking around Chicago, I had pulled a muscle near my ankle so William and I just walked some of it. I was however very impressed with Mollie who ran most all of it!
After the 5K, we ate pizza at another popular place and then got ready for the wedding. It was one of the prettiest weddings that I have been too. I loved everything that they did and everybody looked so good! The bride was exceptionally beautiful!
 |
| Brothers |
 |
| Claire with her two sons. |
 |
| Andrew with all of his brother-in-laws from both sides. |
 |
| Grandmama, Andrew, and Daddy Mac |
 |
| A view from top of the hill. |
 |
| Andrew, with the help of a few of the guys, built this arc and I thought it turned out so pretty! I also loved the flowers in Mason jars hung on small shepherd's hooks. |
 |
| Watching his bride coming down the aisle. |
 |
| Isn't she just beautiful!? |
 |
| Happy to be married! |
I stopped taking pictures of them with the family as I didn't want to step on the photographer's foot! I also didn't get a pic of the bride and her father coming down the aisle b/c everybody stood up and I couldn't see them well.
 |
| Mollie and Chad in our rental car on the way to the reception. We are riding in the back of the van. |
 |
| Reception hall |
 |
| Table with name cards. On the back of our card was a hand written note to us which I thought was such a kind and touching act on their part. |
 |
| The pie table... they opted for homemade pies over wedding cake and they all looked so good! |
 |
| Mr. and Mrs. Trammell! |
 |
| I love this picture but HATE that Sarah isn't in it!! |
What a wonderful time we had celebrating this marriage. While I do believe Andrew is one blessed fella do have Sarah, I know that Sarah is also blessed. Not only is she blessed with Andrew, but she's getting the best inlaws that she could ask for. I know this b/c they are my inlaws too and I couldn't have asked for a better family to join into!
Congrats Andrew and Sarah!!
What a sweet summary!! I'm so blessed to have you and Sarah as sisters!! Thanks for capturing all these moments--I didn't even have my camera with me for most of the time! I wish I had proof that I did that run, I still can't believe I did it!
ReplyDelete