Saturday, April 26, 2014

11 Month Update

Our big boy is less than a month away from being 1 years old!  This was even faster than AR and I can only imagine that it gets faster with each child.  I try to take time each day just to sit down on the floor and play with him knowing that he might not want to play with me one day.  I try to remember at 2:30am that I won't always be able to hold him and that I'll look back at these nights of getting up and it'll seem like such a brief time... at least that's what they tell me, it's doesn't feel like it in the moment!  Now, I'm going to try to think of all that he's up to at 11 months so that I can remember that too!

11 Months
What W's up to at 11 Months:
-still eating four meals a day with the occasional snack
-figuring out the snack trap
-still not big on sippy cups so this mama is about to try a different kind
-started transitioning to whole milk and by the end of yesterday was done with formula
-finishing off our baby food and going all table food
-he is sooooooooooo active and always on the go... will even try to climb up your belly and chest!
-loooves bath time but we have had to reduce him to a smaller laundry basket and you still have to practically hold on to him the entire time due to the previous statement
 -cruising and even starting to try to take a step (or 2) towards something
-his new tricks are waving and shaking his head as if saying no
-he is so very active and keeps this mama busy
-still just has four teeth
-makes this noise that I don't really know how to describe - almost like he's trying to sound scary, but it's not!  :)
-FIRST WORD!... not mama, not dada, not even sissy or her name, but "Ta" for non other than Tucker, our dog... even saying "tata" now!
-obviously, he loves animals and I can't wait to take him to the zoo!
-still waking during the night so we are trying all sorts of things from crying it out to a 4th solid feeding before bed
-super, SUPER light sleeper
-favorite toys include:  stacking cups and sissy's play spoon and bowl (putting spoon in it)
-his favorite activities are climbing stairs and crawling around under our table
-doesn't really like to be held, just wants to be put down so he can go!
-oh, did I mention how active he has become?!!?  honestly, I don't think I can put into words how active this child is now!

**Also, the above picture shows AR's feet in my shoes if you thought it looked strange!!
 
More pics of this active little fella:
Loves using sissy's chair as a walker!



Favorite place to be!

This is how the photo shoot went... luckily we still had a balloon to entertain him for a bit!

W thinks it is so funny to make this face and sniff/blow while doing so!  When the camera comes out he almost always does it automatically!

A few other pics:



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness .. that picture of him using the chair as a walker! That grin! LOVE!!!!! Such a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete