What AR's up to at 3 years old:
-40in tall which, once again, puts her in the 101%
-loves to play with her baby dolls (all named "Baby Anna Claire"), color, and play anything outside
-enjoys watching Daniel the Tiger, Dora, and The Lorax
-often impresses people with her range of vocabulary and the way she articulates
-has mostly dropped her afternoon nap, but when she has it, she's up to 10:30pm!
-enjoys going to nursery and Sunday school very much
-remembers every.single.thing... she can practically tell you everything Santa brought her and she can tell you who bought her almost every single clothing item she has
-looooves to be in tutus or skirts
-likes to have her fingernails and toenails painted
-loves to go to both of her grandparents' house
-when offered two choices she can come up with a third
-can count to ten but tends to skip number 7
-starting to recognize letters and getting interested in them
-knows all of the basic colors, but can still mix up black and brown
-has an imaginary friend that is around much of the time and who we are not allowed to talk to
-has NO filter (ex. "Hey Mama, that guy has earrings just like you" or "There's the guy with the ponytail!")
-always wants to do "school"
-still prefers warm milk over cold (yuck)
-constantly packing purses, bags, etc, with random toys
-absolutely loves shoes... her favorites are her brown "church" shoes
-always imitating what we do/have done (aka "getting her teeth cleaned", "going to" a consignment sale, grocery store, or nursery, and so on)
-the temper tantrums have seemed to lessen
-has figured out how to "talk back" to us, but it doesn't go over well in this house!
-everything in the past is "yesterday" and everything in the future is "next week"
-she's doing a great job with her manners or so I think... she's got "yes ma'am", "thank you", "no thank you", and "please" mostly down... "yes/no sir" needs a lot of work but I'm sure that's due to being with mama all day
-has her shoes on the wrong feet 75% of the time and doesn't even care! (even flip flops that go b/t her toes!)
-everything in the past is "yesterday" and everything in the future is "next week"
-she's doing a great job with her manners or so I think... she's got "yes ma'am", "thank you", "no thank you", and "please" mostly down... "yes/no sir" needs a lot of work but I'm sure that's due to being with mama all day
-has her shoes on the wrong feet 75% of the time and doesn't even care! (even flip flops that go b/t her toes!)
-I will probably be adding to this list as I think of something!!
Since AR's bday fell on Easter this year, we had her birthday breakfast the following day. Who wouldn't want pancakes with sprinkles in them?! She also got to eat them in the living room while watching The Lorax!
I did a birthday interview of AR this year and plan to do it each birthday. She either wouldn't answer a few or had to be "helped" with a few, but most are her answers!
1. Some of my nicknames are: AR and a few others which are too similar to her real name to post here!
2. My favorite color is blue (I question this).
3. My favorite thing to do is color.
4. My best friend is Caroline (no coaxing here!).
5. My favorite food to eat is crackers.
6. My favorite restaurant is "Chick-a-Lay".
7. My favorite show/movie to watch is Dora.
8. My favorite song is Ring Around the Rosie.
9. I’m really good at coloring.
10.
My
favorite book is "I don't know".
11. My
favorite thing to do with my daddy is play blocks.
12.
My
favorite animal is a zebra.
13. My
favorite thing to drink is milk.
14.
My
favorite thing to do with my mama is play Legos.
15.
When
I grow up I want to be no answer but she has told us mommy before.
16. My
favorite toy is basketball (this is just an answer b/c of something she saw nearby... I would say her baby dolls and her play house).
17. My
favorite thing to do with my sibling(s) is play blocks.
18. "You" (talking to me :) )
makes me happy.
19. When I get hurt
makes me sad.
20. My
favorite game is school.
21. On
my birthday this year, I played, ate, and celebrated Easter.
Oh how we love this little girl. The Lord truly blessed us when he entrusted us with AR and we are so grateful to Him for allowing us to be her parents. We pray for her daily and can't wait to see how the Lord uses her! We also look forward to the growing relationships b/t her and W and any other siblings she may one day be blessed with.
Thank you Lord for calling me to be a mama and I pray I bring You glory by fulfilling this calling!


That second picture ... LOVE!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I laughed out loud when you said she comes up with a third choice when offered two, the imaginary friend, and the no filter part. Such a sweet, smart, funny, spunky, beautiful little girl you have!