Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Capitol Building and Museums

Today, we started off by touring the capitol building. This was a very neat tour because everybody in your group got headphones and could only hear your assigned tour guide. We were also very impressed with the building itself and all it's detail! The first picture is William and me at the back of the building. The following picture is the front of the building, including the security, which William found so interesting. One guy was carrying this huge gun and I do believe William was jealous!Before we left the capitol building, we ate at their food court. The food we got was priced by the ounce and we weren't really thinking it sounded that expensive... boy, were we wrong! William's plate of Chinese food rang up... (Mollie, don't faint)... $19 and some change!!!! I about threw up!

After the capitol building, we went to the National Archives where we saw the original Declaration of Indepence, Constitution and Bill of Rights. We also got to see the Articles of Confederation and items from the Louisiana Purchase, which all are things I taught in the 4th grade.

This afternoon we finished touring the Museum of American History. It's been really neat seeing things that shaped our country's history. Below is a picture of Lincoln's top hat that he was wearing when he was assassinated. Hard to believe, huh!?



Last, we toured the Museum of Natural History. Here we got to see the Hope Diamond, dinosaur skeletons, and much more.

Here is a picture of Willie doing what he does best... answering some emails! I can't complain though, because at least he has a job and he does a great job at his work!


2 comments:

  1. Better you than me! I almost threw up just reading that for sure! I think I would have asked them to take it back--ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW! I can only imagine your reaction! I bet you made him enjoy every last ounce!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete