Monday, July 12, 2010

So Much Done, Yet So Much More to Go!

I know some may be thinking, "Why do I care about their every move during thier vacation?!" I'm writing this mostly for our sake. I want to remember all we do and see and this is much better and easier than writing it down for me. It won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to read it!

Wow! Today, we have seen sooo much! We left the hotel this morning at 7:30 and headed to get tickets to the Federal Bureau Engraving and Printing (where they make money) and then to get tickets to the Washington Monument. At 10:15 we toured the Fed. Bureau and learned how paper money is printed. It was pretty interesting. Here is Willie with the million we are letting them use for display!


Afterwards, we walked (and I mean walked) around looking at different monuments and memorials. They were all very neat and I enjoyed seeingg them, but it got extremely hot and muggy at one point. Those of you who know me well are probably glad that William was stuck with me and not yourself.

These are from the Jefferson Memorial:


These are from the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial:

The Lincold Memorial:

Will post the rest of today (Monday) in another post!
















1 comment:

  1. I am definitely following your travels!! Wish we could be there with you!

    ReplyDelete