Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just A Glidin'

The glider is finally d-o-n-e!  This was the first thing that I bought after finding out we were pregnant.  I kept searching on craigslist for one and was determined not to spend over $50 on it.  I found this one for $20!  Then I tried washing the cushions in my washer which ruint them, but now I'm kinda glad b/c it looks so much better.  I don't have any good before pics, some that have the coloring of the wood and cushions beforehand though.  I owe so much of the credit to William for painting and Mollie for sewing the slipcovers... I did decide on the colors, if that counts!  I figure we put about $60 total into the chair, which is a tad higher than I wanted, but not bad at all.  It will sit in the living room for now b/c I don't want to be stuck in her room all the time.  I have a temp. rocking chair for her room.



The picture above was taken so that when Mollie
and I were working on the slipcovers, we'd know how
they attached w/out having to have the chair with us.

Also... I know you have been sitting on the edge of your seat for a new belly pic... haha, yea right.  I did however finally take one.  I've been meaning to take one since 25 weeks and just now got one at 29 weeks and about 4 days.  Whenever I think to take it, I'm already in my sweats and a t-shirt... which now usually means one of William's tshirts or my belly starts to poke out.  I still have on my slippers in this pic though... you won't find me in the house in anything but though!

29 weeks and 4 days along

This past weekend my sister got to have her 2nd shower at City Range restuarant and it was so very nice.  My mom's college friends threw it and we all had a great time.  I forgot my camera and therefore have to wait to get pics from my mom... that could be a while.  I will post when I get some though!


This coming weekend I have my first shower with my Sunday School and Bible study from church.  I'm super excited about it.  We'll also get to hangout with Mollie, Chad, and Grayson some this weekend, which doesn't happen near enough.  Can't wait until our two little girls are among the group though!

And lastly a little game for you... "Can you find Tucker's Favorite Toy?"

4 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!!! Thanks for giving us a belly pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chair looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. Also, you are so tiny!! Can you believe in about 2 months you'll have a baby?!? I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the glider! Im so excited for my lil niece to get here!!

    Buddy does that with his squeaky ball too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glider, love the the belly pic--too cute; looks like Tucker likes to tuck away his toys! :)

    ReplyDelete