Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Keepin' Up with the Trammells

I can tell you where you won't be keeping up with the Trammells and that's on cable.  We finally "pulled the plug" and now have a total of about maybe 15 channels we can watch on our tv.  It is nice to know we're saving $60 a month which is $720 a year!  That's less than what most ppl would save b/c we (William) always managed to get our bill down to the lowest possible.  I figure that money will be paying for Abby Ruth's doctor visits, which is good b/c we didn't have that in our budget.  Above is a pic of William with the first antenna... we are on the 3rd and last now that is about 8 ft tall and huge and in the attic!  Yes, the antenna above is on a broom stick... he's so creative!  haha

We also got the crib last week and William has started priming it.  It was a pretty oak color, but that just wasn't going with the theme so I wanted it painted.  My awesome husband is being a good sport about it too, b/c it's going to be rather tedious work.  The crib was another way of God showing up b/c it was free and it's really nice and has a drawer on it!  William has also started spray painting the glidder but has to do it when the weather is decent and you know how it's been lately... hopefully a nice spell is coming and that can be completed!
**Please note that I believe William was a little weary about the world seeing the inside of his "man cave"... he only shows it to a select few.  Guess that means if you are reading this, you are special!

The other day I put our stroller, which I now call "The Red Monster" outside with Tucker hoping he would get used to it.  I don't think it worked, oh well.

On Sunday I helped host my first baby shower for my friend Carly from church.  Carly is due with a baby girl just three weeks before me, so it's been tons of fun being pregnant for the 1st time together.  Below are some pics from the shower.  There were 5 of us there pregnant and we are standing in order of due dates. 
Lastly, I failed the glucose test this past week and had to take the 3 hour one today.  This meant fasting from 12pm until 11:30 today... if you know me at all, you know I don't go more than 3 hrs w/out eating besides when I sleep.  I was really nervous and barely slept at all, making hunger worse.  Then I went in hungry, but the sugar drink actually filled me up pretty well.  My mama was nice enough to come and go with me and stay for 3 hrs in the boring waiting room... I was scared of getting weak and having one of my spells that my family refers to as "Bonnie's".  I didn't and I truely credit this to all those who were praying for me... what a blessing it is to know you have ppl who pray on your behalf!  Now we just have to pray that results come back positive!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had to take the big test! I'll be praying everything is good with you and the baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A postive test would actually be a negative!! heehee! Try to explain that one to a child! You pics are GREAT! Wow--lot of babies goin' on there!! :)

    ReplyDelete