Monday, January 31, 2011

Three New Recipes

So I'm trying to figure out how to have a menu on here and have recipes under a section, but I am having a difficult time with that.  If you know how to do this and can help a sister out, please do!!

Since January is coming to an end I have 3 more recipes to share from this past month's menu plan that we really enjoyed and plan to have again and again!  I will also try to remember to start taking pics of the food before we eat it, but I just can't seem to right now!


If you like breakfast for supper then this next recipe is really good and super easy!

Easy Egg and Sausage Puff

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. loose sausage
• 6 eggs
• 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 cups milk
• ¼ tsp. dry mustard (optional)

Directions:

• Brown sausage in non-stick skillet. Break up chunks of meat as it cooks. Drain.
• Meanwhile, spray interior of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
• Mix all ingredients in slow cooker.
• Cover and cook on High 1 hour. Turn to Low and cook 1-1 ½ hours, or until the dish is fully cooked in the center.

Makes 6 serving.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-2 ½ hrs
Ideal slow cooker size: 2 to 4 qt.
___________________________________________
Love the crock pot like me?!  Try this one:

Slow Cooker Pizza

Ingredients:

• 12. oz. of sturdy noodles (fettuccine worked great)
• 1 ½ lb. ground bf
• 32 oz. jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
• 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
• 6-8 oz. pepperoni

Directions:

• Cook noodles per directions on package and drain.
• Brown the beef while the noodles are cooking and then drain off drippings.
• Grease the inside of your slow cooker.
• Pour in ¼ of the spaghetti sauce and then follow with ½ of the noodles and ½ of the browned ground beef. Top with 1/3 of the shredded cheese and ½ of the pepperoni.
• Repeat the layers, beginning with ½ of the sauce, then a layer of the rest of the noodles, a layer of the rest of the ground beef, ½ the cheese and the rest of the pepperoni.
• Finish by topping with the rest of the spaghetti sauce and then the rest of the cheese.*
• Cover and cook on Low for 2-3 hours, making sure it’s heating completely through and cheese has melted.

*You can add many other toppings such as sliced mushrooms, chopped onions, black olives, and/or green peppers to one or more of the layers!

Prep time: 30 min.
Cooking time: 2-3 hrs.
Slow cooker size: 4 qt.
___________________________________________


No, I really LOVE the crock pot!  I promise we didn't eat all crock pot recipes in one week!!

Easy London Broil

Ingredients:

• 3 tablespoons flour
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
• 1 1/2 pounds London broil
• small jar (4 to 6 ounces) of mushrooms, drained (opt.)
• 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
• 1 can condensed tomato soup
• 1 pkg dry onion soup mix

Preparation:

• Mix together flour, ground black pepper, and paprika
• Rub London broil with mixture then put in crockpot.
• In a bowl, combine mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup, and onion soup mix.
• Pour the soup mixture over the meat.
• Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.

This recipe is easy and great over either mashed potatoes or rice b/c the soup mixture makes a great gravy.
___________________________________________

So, yes, I do love some crock pot recipes!  They make life easier even when you are at home.  I think it'll help once the baby is here b/c I'll be able to prepare supper when I get the chance (like while she's sleeping) and then just turn it on and let it cook away.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment