Well this week hasn't been too eventful, but that can be rather nice. My main accomplishment for the week was a pillow to go with the glider. I found this fabric and fell in love with it and thought about using it for the slipcover, but decided since it would sit in the living room for a while, it didn't really go. Colorwise, yes, but pattern, not so much.
Isn't the pattern just precious!
I also decided I wanted to try to add cording to this pillow, which was a first for me. I watched a couple Youtube videos on how to do it and went for it. I came to a point where I almost gave up but then decided to keep chuggin' along. I'm actually quite pleased with myself. As long as you don't get really close and study it hard, it looks pretty good. I will be doing more with cording and maybe some piping down the road for sure.
I apologize for putting it against a brown background when
the cording it brown, but hopefully you can still see it!
Since we don't have a child yet, well at least not outside of the womb, I'll leave you with some Tucker pics. The first is him after standing in the rain... before you think we're bad dog parents, he has a dog house and was in it, but got out. It's his own fault. The next pic is what I find when the dog bed is in a place he likes... he's picky about where he lays.


The pillow looks great! I'm impressed--you're a fast learner!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the pillow! You're my new "go to" girl for sewing. Totally impressed that you taught yourself.
ReplyDelete