Friday, July 20, 2012

We've Been Busy!

 I've got lots of pictures to share so it's a rather long post!  We've been pretty busy this past week trying to knock off some of our "to do" list and AR had a fun trip to Mimi and Papa's house so that I could work in her room some.

As many of you know, we William just completed redoing our bathroom and it looks great AND there will be a post about it as soon as I get matching linens in there!  We knew we wanted to eventually redo the other bathroom as well just not to the extent of this past redo.  Well, as you can see below the shower curtain is on the wrong side of the tub in order to cover the massive hole we now have in the wall.  When we returned from Chicago we found wood shavings and carpenter ants in the tub... which led to the bug guy coming out and William tearing a huge hole in the wall.  We have it so AR can bathe while William finishes his "honey do list" and then we will be on to bathroom project #2!
AR still enjoys her bath time!
Rocking the mohawk!

This is "the face" or it was I should say.  She has now changed "the face" into a fish lip face.  Both are super cute though!

Here is "the face" again!
One of AR's newest accessory is a baseball cap.  I think she likes it b/c she can take it on and off herself.  It's rather funny to see her walking around with it on - all thug-like!

This is one of my favorite pics of her!
You may remember that AR got a sandbox for her bday back in April... well, we finally got the sand for it!
Hmm... let's go check this out.
What is all this in my box?!
Daddy, are you sure you know what you are doing?
This is pretty fun!
 

I don't really like the wet part though!  (Nor did she like the big mouthful she took of it about 10 minutes later)
 The other day while at Aldi, I saw that they had kids picnic table marked down to $25.  Since I didn't have room in my car and I didn't really know what kind of deal this was, I decided to hold off.  When I got home I checked on Amazon and this same table was marked $90 and today it was $77 at Walmart!  I sent William back for it and look forward to using it for painting, play dough, and other projects better fitted for outdoors!
Checking it out!
She LOVES it.  She can climb in and out by herself and was really enjoying it!
Checking out daddy as he works on the house.
 

Love these two!
Just so you know, it's a BIG deal when you lose a shoe!
You can often find AR doing this with both my keys and her fake keys.
AR really loves "baby", which is what I refer to her babydoll as.  She's a good little mama!

Kissing Baby

Buckling Baby into the bouncy seat

Bouncing Baby... it's a good think I didn't treat her the way she handles Baby sometimes though!

The other night WIlliam went outside to get something and was gone quite a while.  I looked out the window and saw him crouched down in our hosta plants and he then "signed" to me that he had seen a baby rabbit and was hunting for it.  These are the pics I was able to get:

Where did that dern thing go?!
Like I've said we've been knocking off the ol' to-do list.  Here are some pics of what we've checked off so far!
I asked William to build me a shoe shelf for our coat closet and he so kindly did.

The finish product in a horribly photographed picture.
One thing that I have been wanting to do for a long time is clean our grout in our kitchen.  I don't think it's been done since William bought the house 6 years ago - nasty, I know!  Honestly, I didn't grow up with grout and didn't know you had to clean it... I thought mopping was enough.  But it was looking ROUGH so I found a grout cleaning method on pinterest and jumped on it!
Before... looked almost black and it was originally white.  White grout should be outlawed if you ask me!

Afterwards... much better but not as white as I was hoping.  I wish I had a picture of what was coming up when I was scrubing it.  I will saw my floor, baseboards, and lower cabinets are super clean now!
The "to-do" list:
You will see below that I was able to mark one more item off!
When the sun started coming up earlier and earlier, so did my child.  This mama was trying wake up before her, therefore getting up extremely early.  I had to put a stop to it!  I started researching blackout curtains and found out you could buy the liner at Hobby Lobby.  I bought some and it ended up draped over the windows for about a month... making it very deary in there during the day with no natural light.  So while AR was w/ her mimi, I buckled down and got them done. 
What the windows looked like before.

And afterwards - MUCH BETTER!
I have also been working on lots of sewing projects as we know many babies coming late summer and fall.  I have some things I want to do for AR to and this outfit below was the first and only I've done so far for her.  I've gotten many burp cloths and onsies done too!

I also worked on the 3-4 year old coffee stain in AR's room (again) while she was gone and the whole floor looks sooo much better and newer.  I took a before but haven't gotten around to the afterwards pic... so that will come later.

5 comments:

  1. What did you use to clean the grout? I'll be needing your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://aprrilsopinion.blogspot.com/2012/06/amazing-grout-cleaner.html is where I found the recipe for it... and a stiff brush. They apparently make grout brushes but I just used one I already had... she does say not to use a wire brush. You will feel like a new woman after you see all the dirt come up! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the update!! Girl! You make me tired! Take a break and come see us!! I'm hoping to tackle my grout in the next week or so--I gotta get some help from MIMI!!! We miss you guys!! Love AR's faces--we NEED to see her real soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make myself tired, haha, not really. I have been wondering why my summer hasn't been relaxing yet and this post answered that question! We do need to get together, AR misses her cousins!

      Delete
  3. Love all the new pics of AR and the to do list progress. I want to come over and paint with her on her new table one day!!!!! :) Can't wait to see pics of the bathroom. Please get the linens soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete