This past week I was in Fort Mill Mon-Wed. visiting with my family. It's nice to get back home every now and then and I don't get to as much as I'd like. Heather and Benjamin got to come and go on a boat ride with my family and Clint. It was soooo great to be back out on the water. I never realized how much I took growing up on the lake for granted. But now when I go home I can say I'm going to my "lake house"!
Well, I wanted to update with pictures of our shelf in the office. William made this shelf for my classroom a couple years ago.
Since I had to bring home quite a few items from school, we needed more storage in the office for it. I painted this bookcase a dark brown. Next, I found some photo boxes for $1 each and painted them the same orange as the walls. I also got two baskets on clearance for $10 (which is still high to me) for more storage. Put all together and this is what you have:

I have to share my favorite find as of lately... my new lamp shade. While in FM, I went to IKEA and found this lamp shade. I-had-to-have-it! And, now I do! The best part is that it totally goes with some of items I have brought back from my grandparents house. I'm not sure exactly where it's going yet or when for that matter, but I just loved it and am so glad I have it now!
We are currently dog-sitting for our friends Jon and Allison. This is Lyla, though not a good picture. She is looking at a tennis ball, while I'm pretty sure Tucker is saying, "touch my ball and you'll be sorry!" I have to say, it's been nice having a dog around who actually wants to be petted and comes when you say "come here"!


I love the bookshelf. I've been working on some storage shelves here at my house too!! You can never have too much storage!
ReplyDelete