Monday, January 10, 2011

Nusery update and a few other pics

Here is the first glimpse of the pink that we have in Abby Ruth's room.  William was such a hard worker and good sport about painting the room and got it done very quickly.  And take note... once again no blue tape!  I don't know how he does it, but I'm glad he does!!  

Below you will see the pink walls and the newly painted bed frame that was black.  It looked so beautiful and then after adding the mattress and pillows, the headboard is almost gone!  But it still looks good and goes with the vintage theme I'm aiming for.  We had to keep a full bed in here b/c our room is the only other room that has a bed!  The colorful quilt was made for me by my great grandmother and I really wanted to use in the room but it's not in good enough shape to cover the whole bed.  I need to buy some pillow cases... had to just grab pillows off our bed for the pic.  The small pillows came from my grandmother's house and need to be dry cleaned and restuffed. 

Below is a pic of the quilt on the big bed and the quilt that goes with the cribbing.  It's such a light blue that it's almost white...  I plan to use a few different blues that range b/t these two throughout the room.

Here is William priming the dresser that will become the changing table.  I will show more before and after pics when the room is complete!

 Here are a few other pics that have nothing to do with the baby's room!  First, my sis with her dog, Buddy... his eyes look a tad mean but it was just the light.  It was actually really cute!

Here is our current baby, Tucker with his duck. 

And... this is what it's like to be poor: 
Actually, William was just wanting these to eat but I won't complain b/c they are super cheap!!  haha.

Will be back with some snow pics soon!

4 comments:

  1. I love the walls and the bed!! It's so pretty!! I can't wait to see more updates--especially the crib with all the bedding. We need to hire William for about a week. I'll feed him Ramen noodles--ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the quilt. It adds a "spot" of vibrant color! Can't wait to see it finished! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Can't wait to see the ideas you have planned for more decorations in the room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looooks good! if you ever need a thrift/antique/estate sale shopping buddy let me know!

    ReplyDelete